A Hidden Tourist Heaven: Gilgit Baltistan
Gilgit-Baltistan is called Heaven of Tourism. Due to its uniqueness, diversification, and most adventurous opportunities. In Gilgit-Baltistan, you can do mountaineering, hiking, trekking, jeep safari, and camping.
There are three divisions in Gilgit-Baltistan
- Gilgit 2. Baltistan 3. Diamer
There are three famous world highest mountain ranges in Gilgit-Baltistan like the Karakorum, Himalaya, Hindukush & Pamir
Mountains or Peaks
· K.2 in Shigar Baltistan (World 2nd highest peak)
· Nanga Parbat in Astore Gilgit (World 9th highest Peak)
· Gasherbrum 1 in Ghanche Baltistan (World 11th highest Peak)
· Broad Peak in Shigar Baltistan (World 12th highest Peak)
· Gasherbrum 2 in Ghanche Baltistan (World 13th highest Peak)
· Masherbrum in Ghanche Baltistan (World 22nd highest Peak)
· Rakaposhi in Nagar Gilgit (world 27th highest Peak)
· Saltoro Kangri in Ghanche Baltistan (World 31st highest Peak)
· Skyang Kangri in Shigar Baltistan (World 44th highest Peak)
· Laila Peak in Hushe Ghanche Baltistan (Most Beautiful Peak in the World)
· Sheosar Lake Deosai Skardu
· Satpara Lake Skardu
· Kachura Lake Skardu
· Zharba Tso Lake Shigar
· Kharfaq Tso Lake Skardu
· Rama Lake Astore
· Attabad Lake Hunza
· Rush Lake Nagar
·Khalti Lake Ghizer
Although there are hundreds of glaciers in Gilgit Baltistan. Three world’s longest glaciers outside Polar Regions found in Gilgit Baltistan
It is not alike other Lakes. Instead of water, it is a frozen Trek which is known as Biafo Hispar Trek, due to its adjacent to Biafo and Hispar Glaciers. You can walk over this frozen lake.
Coldest Desert in the World is in Skardu Gilgit Baltistan known as Katpana Desert. Now a day with the name of Sarfaranga Cold Desert Jeep Rally is used to happen every year on the last days of August month in this desert.
Deosai is known as the Land of Giants. One of the most beautiful, imaginary, and breathtaking places Deosai is the 2nd highest plateau in the world after Changthang Plateau Tibet. Where you can go to Deosai National Park in which you can see Brown Bears, Snow Leopards, and many other animals. Deosai is also the land of countless flowers, well known as Roof of the World.
Gilgit Baltistan is a historically rich area. There are many historical landmarks including old buildings (Palaces and Mosques), ancient’s rocks, and architectural masterpieces which date goes back to centuries.
Other Tourist Spots
There are countless other Tourist Spots all over Gilgit Baltistan like Waterfalls, Base Camps, and Passes.
Hotels and Guest Houses
Hoteling system in Gilgit-Baltistan is one main source of income for local people so there are many luxury guest houses and hotels.
Note: All pictures are taken from Google
Abdul Bari Jan (A B Jan Balti)